A website can be designed and developed in several ways. One of the simple ways is to buy hosting online and start with one of the readily available website builders. It is possible to create a fully functioning website with the drag-and-drop design features offered by website builders. You do not even need any design or development skills.
Otherwise, you can hire a website development company to build you a website from scratch. Although it will take time, you will have a website that looks and functions just as you want. Of course, you need access to the right tools whichever way you choose.
How to Choose the Right Website Tools According to the Top Digital Marketing Agency in India
Figure out your needs
A good website cannot be created with modest funds is a myth. Small businesses with limited funds, knowledge, or resources need high-functioning websites, and they go for DIY solutions like Wix. These platforms are great for creating content-driven sites or blogs but not limited to them.
All websites serve different purposes, and therefore they can be created accordingly. For some, websites are the way into the online marketing world, while others want to generate leads and increase sales. Many others just want to impart their professional information or opinion via blogs.
First, figure out your circumstances. You can easily customize and build a website if you know coding languages such as HTML, CSS, Java, etc. But if you’re here reading this, you most likely need some professional advice, and you need to opt for web design services by expert digital marketing agencies.
There’s another way, which happens to be in between customized solutions and simple platforms – WordPress. It’s an open-source CMS that may be used with plugins or write code for full customization. Then, there’s a WordPress page builder plugin – Elementor – which allows you to do complex things with your website and implement special features without having technical knowledge. It’s cost-effective even though it takes some time to figure it out. So, if you want to save some money and have time, this is the best option.
Set and follow a budget
Each of the platforms offers specific results. Remember that you might have to compromise with a few things even though there’s no end to what you can get done. You will get what you pay for, but be smarter and pay for what you need. A good website development company can help you gauge the type and amount of storage, bandwidth, and metrics you need. A website that attracts a lot of traffic will need more than a website built to cater to a small audience. In the end, you must remember that options are aplenty, and you might find just one of them enough or need a combination of two or more. This is where budget comes in; seek experts who can help you with finances because you can make a website by spending minimal on one option or more if you want more.
Need is king
Or the mother of all invention, as they say. With a little bit of editing, you can make one of the generic templates seem presentable for your business needs. With the amount of technology and options, one without any knowledge on the subject (but a little zest for learning and research) can come up with something classy and functional. The timeline will, of course, be longer in this case. You must figure out the stage of business you’re in; whether you can afford to have a fully functional website within, say, a year or you need it right away. Having tools at your disposal doesn’t guarantee desired success. In the end, your needs and budget will determine the realization of your project.
Top Website Design & Development Tools
- WordPress – powers more than 40% of the websites. It’s free and opens source, which allows you to have maximum control over your website’s aspects. However, you will have to manage the website yourself. It lets you access several premium plugins for free that make your website more responsive.
- InVision Studio – a commonly used design and collaboration platform that comes with an array of features. It helps you create an artistic and interactive interface. It renovates initial designs into interactive prototypes, thereby reducing your work.
- Figma – interface design tool for a team of designers to work together in real-time. It offers coding excerpts and a drag-and-drop editor for easy designing without coding.
- Wireframe.cc – a wireframe creation software with minimal design interface that displays major elements and removes the unnecessary. It works for desktops, tablets, and mobiles.
- Canva – an uncomplicated and free designing software that offers readymade templates for several types of content. You can make posters, web content, social media posts, banners, etc., in minutes. In addition, it has a very vast library of design elements that allows you to create unique content.