CNNislands

Tiger Woods atop PGA Tour’s Participant Affect Program but once more

3

[ad_1]
Tiger Woods atop PGA Tour's Participant Affect Program but once more

Regardless of taking part in solely 9 rounds in three main championships this previous season, Tiger Woods has as soon as once more claimed the highest bonus within the PGA Tour’s Participant Affect Program, in line with paperwork obtained by ESPN on Tuesday.

World No. 1 golfer Rory McIlroy let the cat out of the bag on Nov. 8, when he instructed the Related Press that he completed second to Woods within the $100 million bonus program, which is designed to reward members who’ve “proven to generate probably the most constructive curiosity within the PGA Tour.” Woods, a 15-time main champion, obtained a $15 million bonus.

Woods, who is predicted to play in subsequent week’s Hero World Problem within the Bahamas, collected $8 million for successful the inaugural PIP bonus in 2021. He hasn’t performed since lacking the lower on the a hundred and fiftieth Open Championship at St. Andrews in July. He’s nonetheless recovering from accidents he suffered in a automotive wreck outdoors Los Angeles in February 2021.

A report 23 gamers obtained at the very least $2 million in PIP bonuses this season, together with three (Hideki Matsuyama, Cameron Younger and Sam Burns) who completed within the high 20 of a modified standards measurement, which will probably be utilized by the tour going ahead.

McIlroy collected $12 million for second place, adopted by Jordan Spieth ($9 million), PGA Championship winner Justin Thomas ($7.5 million) and Jon Rahm ($6 million). Masters champion Scottie Scheffler completed sixth and was awarded $5.5 million, adopted by Xander Schauffele ($5 million), U.S. Open champion Matt Fitzpatrick ($5 million), Will Zalatoris ($5 million) and Tony Finau ($5 million).

Gamers will obtain 25% of their PIP bonus within the Sentry Event of Champions purse cost in January, in line with a memo despatched to PGA Tour members on Tuesday. The remaining 75% will probably be paid as soon as a participant completes three necessities: performs in a mutually agreed-upon PIP designated event; participates in a PIP service occasion; and fulfills the necessary participation requirement.

The unique PIP plan used metrics comparable to a participant’s reputation in Google searches, Q score, Nielsen Model Publicity score, MVP index score and their Meltwater Mentions, which measure the frequency {that a} participant generates protection throughout varied media platforms. The brand new standards put extra weight on media mentions and broadcast TV publicity than social media.

5 gamers who completed within the high 10 of the inaugural PIP standings – Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Bryson DeChambeau and Bubba Watson – at the moment are taking part in on the LIV Golf circuit and had been ineligible for this system.

[ad_2]
Source link