We know you are excited to shop for an engagement ring for your partner, after all, you are all set to take your relationship to the next level. While the whole process is exhilarating, it can also be confusing since you are doing this for the first time and may have several apprehensions. To make things easier for you, we have put together some important things to keep in mind while shopping for that engagement ring.
1. Consider the metal: First and foremost thing is to decide the precious metal of the ring. Engagement rings are available these days in platinum, yellow gold, white gold, and even rose gold. Consider the preference of your partner. Since this is a once-in-a-lifetime event, ensure to pick something unique. The kind of precious metal you choose can also have an impact on the designs available with jewelers.
2. Consider minimalistic designs: Unlike popular belief that engagement rings have to be bulky and extravagant, you can opt for minimalistic designs that are trendy, lightweight, and suitable to be worn every day. You can check this website of Melorra to browse through some of the most stunning designer gold and diamond rings collections.
3. Decide on the gemstone: Gemstones are naturally beautiful, and durable. They make a piece of jewelry even more charming. A lot of us just stick to diamonds as the gemstone choice, however, there are so many other mesmerizing gemstones like emeralds, sapphire, ruby, aquamarine to name a few that can make your engagement look exquisite. Taking inspiration from celebrities and adding a pearl to your engagement ring is also an excellent way to make the engagement ring look gorgeous. The way the gemstones are cut makes them radiate the light brilliantly, so be mindful of this aspect to pick the best gemstone ring for this special occasion. Most commonly round, brilliant-cut diamond is preferred because of its striking, sparkling appearance. Hop over this website of Melorra to shop for stunning gemstone rings.
4. Consider the setting of the stones: The total number of prongs holding the stone in place is also an important thing to check if you are considering a diamond or any other gemstone studded engagement ring. Ideally, a four or six-prong setting is desirable to hold the stone in place securely, so mind this aspect while purchasing an engagement ring.
5. Look for hallmark jewelry: Hallmark is a guarantee for the purity of the gold that you are purchasing, and you have peace of mind that you are paying for the worth of the jewelry. For newbies, it’s important to know that no jewelers sell 24k gold because that’s the purest and softest form of gold that cant be crafted into jewelry pieces. Most commonly gold jewelry has 22K, 18K, and sometimes even 14k purity which indicates that other alloys are mixed along with gold to make it sturdy. Diamonds are usually studded in 18k gold to make them highly durable for daily wear. Even while purchasing a diamond engagement ring, insist to get the certificate so that you don’t overpay for the diamonds.
We hope you will keep in mind the above pointer while purchasing the dream engagement ring.
Read Also: Finding The Right Jewellery Web Store